Thursday, March 3, 2016

Beard Control 401

Beard Control 401


I saw an article about taming beards this past November. It made me think of my husband and his obsession with growing a beard for hunting season. I still haven’t figured out if it’s just one of those “guy things”, if having a beard is the cool thing or what. I mean, it seems like 10 year old boys want to grow a beard now-a-days so it’s a legit assumption that men love the idea beards; even if they can’t grow them very well. But, who am I to judge… women's love for long hair, make-up, shoes, camo, purses, cowboy boots....The list could go on and on, but these all come in and out of style, so have at those beards men!



In all honesty, I love my husband with or without a beard. But, it is crazy sometimes. Like, Bed Beard instead of Bed Head! Nick uses Rosemary and Cedarwood on his face. He’s used this combination for a little over a year I’d say. He went from having a pretty legit goatee to growing more of a full beard. Of course all that work and he shaved it off for our honeymoon. (aww)



After reading that article back in November, I found it interesting what other men are using too. According to some interviewed men below are what rank in the Young Living beard remedies for men:



Tea Tree x4
Lavender
Believe
Build Your Dream
Magnify Your Purpose
Bergamot x2
Cedarwood x2
Wintergreen x2
Idaho Balsam Fir
Northern Lights Black Spruce
Citrus Fresh x3
Australian Blue
Helichrysum
Shutran
Valor
Eucalyptus Radiata
*the (x2, x3, x4) refers to the number of interviewees that use that particular oil in at least one of their recipes.

What I concluded through reading this article is that there are an abundance of oils that can be used to achieve a multitude of outcomes. I had no idea some of these oils men would have the desire to use on their beard. Let’s see what they had to say about why they use these oils.
  
Interviewee 1:
“I like to smell good, keep my skin moisturized, and have a sheen in my beard that draws in the eye- but in a manly way. The scent of this combination makes me feel grounded with a twist of devious inspiration…”
What he uses:
-1 drop Tea Tree
-1 drop Bergamot
-1 drop Cedarwood
-3 drops of carrier oil per drop of EO

Interviewee 2:
“The coarse hair of my beard needs to be treated a little differently than the finer hair on my head…. I like using beard oil to help give my beard a shiny gloss and a great smell that lasts through the day- and there’s no better way to get it than to make your own… I dilute the essential oils pretty heavily so they aren’t overwhelming.”
3 Different ‘recipes’ he uses:
*1-2 drops Wintergreen with 2-3 drops conifer oil (Idaho Balsam Fir or Northern Lights Black Spruce)
*5 drops Citrus Fresh and 2 drops Tea Tree
*5 drops Bergamot and 3 drops Cedarwood
Carrier oils: almond oil and avocado oil

Interviewee 3:
“I like the fresh feeling of eucalyptus oils but with the sweetness of Citrus Fresh and Australian Blue. Tea Tree is great for added healthy glow for your face. Using a rich-smelling beard oil makes me feel less peasant and more nobleman.”
What he uses:
-10 drops of v-6 carrier oil or jojoba oil
-2 drops Tea Tree
-1 drop Helichrysum
-1 drop Eucalyptus Radiata
-1 drop Citrus Fresh
-2 drops Australian Blue

Interviewee 4:
“The essential oils I use change based on my mood that morning. Some mornings I’ll reach for Citrus Fresh and add a hint of Wintergreen because they tend to attract some nice attention. Every once in a while, I’ll throw in some Shutran just because it’s so manly; it’s like my beard has a beard.”
What he uses:
-1 drop Wintergreen
-2 drops Citrus Fresh
-1 drop Valor
-3 drops Shutran
-2 drops Tea Tree
-4 drops Lavender
-1 drop Believe
-2 drops Build Your Dream
-3 drops Magnify Your Purpose

I love when men reach out and find awesome DIY oils like these but wives, girlfriends, fiancés, grandmas… whomever you are- pass this along! Help your guys out with a little DIY beard oil!

I’d love to hear how some of these work for you at home. Reach out and let me know! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? Leave a private message and I will reply to you shortly!