Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Young Living vs. doTERRA

Young Living vs. doTERRA

I love essential oils and I’m happy to use them as a part of my family’s everyday lifestyle as well as share my experiences with others. Unfortunately, I get asked a lot of questions on WHY I chose Young Living over doTERRA. You’ll never find me posting about another brand or company besides comparisons such as this but I have a passion about Young Living. I prefer to focus on what I use and why I use them the way I do rather than soley compare company brands. That being said, I wanted to take the opportunity to answer the most popular questions I get asked; “Why I chose Young Living” and “Why I recommend only Young Living”.

When I was first introduced to essential oils, I didn’t think a lot into them. I liked the idea but felt overwhelmed with the entire process of getting the oils and I didn’t know where to begin to look. I made a promise to myself when I left my parents nest and went off to college over 5 years ago that I would never make large purchases without doing adequate research first. As a college student, Young Living was a large purchase to me. I was introduced to Young Living by a close friend at the time, so I was hesitant to hurt her feelings by telling her I wanted to do more research. Some people just take it personal but for me, essential oils were going to become a part of my life, diet and way of living. I wanted to ensure the investment I made was one I looked into thoroughly.

The key points I found in my research that made me decide “I want to use Young Living” are as follows:

-Young Living has been around for over 20 years, really structuring the path for high quality essential oils- and they have proof to show it. I believe they are an honest company with quality products that I couldn’t say about a few of the other companies I researched. Every company has downfalls, but Young Living has proved to be innovative and growing in all the right directions. 

-Young Living owns many of their own farms and pays extraordinary attention to the quality of soil fertility, proper distillation, purity and more. They are also highly involved in the process on the farms that they do not own.

-Young Living can be used as a business (like doTERRA) but it doesn’t require you to have your own business. You can be a 'retail customer' or simply become a 'wholesale member'. Both accounts are set up just like any other retail website you purchase from online. Retail members log in and order what they want just as wholesale members do. The only difference, wholesale members receive the same discount as those who have a business (24% off everything). I love the 'no strings attached' kind of memberships!

-That leads me to the next reason, Seed to Seal. Young Living has made it their key priority to follow their coined Seed to Seal process. The 5-step process is Seed, Cultivate, Distill, Test and Seal. From the moment the seed is sourced until the oil is sealed in the bottle, Young Living applies demanding quality controls to guarantee each bottle of essential oil is “exactly the way nature intended”. If there is one thing you specifically research about Young Living, I suggest it be the Seed to Seal process!

-Young Living products are amazing. I love their oils and many of their other products. The results our family has received has validated the research I did before investing. That alone is why I enjoy sharing Young Living with others. I truely believe the oils will sell themselves once you use them.

Before you head out to ponder about this blog and do some research for yourself, answer these questions: Why are you reaching out for information? What is important to you in a product? What is important to you in a company? Write down your answers. When you do research, refer back to your questions and what is important to you. Make sure the companies you are wanting to be a part of meet some of the same standards you have for your family. The research will do the rest.

Well, that’s my peace saying. I wish you all the best of luck on your essential oil journey whichever it may be. If there are any questions or comments you’d like to share with me, feel free to reach out. I would love to hear your opinion and help in any way possible. Happy Oiling!



Research that helped me choose Young Living


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? Leave a private message and I will reply to you shortly!